The Common Problem
Many companies struggle with developing and implementing an effective digital marketing strategy that aligns company goals and economics with media strategy. The notion of “spray and pray” across channels (search, social, display) just will not work in 2023.
The Best Solution
Researched media plans using data to drive strategy is critical to the success of any business’s online marketing efforts.
Don’t have a defined strategy or media planner on deck? Start with the problem-solving matrix below!
- Define Business Objectives: Companies should identify their goals, including increasing sales, brand awareness, or customer engagement, to develop a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that aligns with these objectives. Cost targets should be included wherever possible!
- Determine Target Audience: By understanding their target audience at the geographic and demographic level, companies can create targeted messaging that resonates with their audience and drives engagement.
- Allocate Budget: Allocating resources that align with the digital marketing strategy is critical. This includes investments in search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, social media marketing, content marketing, and email marketing.
- Develop a Team: Companies need a well-versed team in all aspects of digital marketing, including SEO, PPC, social media marketing, content marketing, and email marketing. Hiring an in-house team or outsourcing to a digital marketing agency like Umbrella Digital can ensure that the team has the right expertise to execute the strategy.
- Measure Success: By defining metrics that align with business objectives, companies can measure the success of their digital marketing campaigns and determine the ROI of their efforts. Understanding how pixels work and how to compare conversion metrics across platforms is where this can get difficult and an ad agency can help lighten the analytical lift.
Developing and implementing an effective digital marketing strategy takes time, effort, and resources. By following these simplified steps, companies can overcome the obstacles of a lack of strategy and budget and create successful digital marketing campaigns that drive growth and achieve business objectives.